Friday, May 22, 2009

And the blog begins

Hey y'all. My name is Tammi also known as Tornado Chaser. And yes I chase tornadoes, they also have names: Hunter, Tristin and Ethan. At least with our pets, the males and females in our home are about equal or I would have been drowned in the testosterone, even if it couldn't save me from legos, rockets and robots that I tend to have scattered around my house.

I am 23 years old. I am vegan. I am incredibly laid back. I grew up in southern California, where I met the lovely Ms Shanna way back when. But I picked up the hick accent after my mom and I moved to Oklahoma when I was 13. That is where I met the goofy boy that would be come my husband. Mike and I have been married 5 1/2 years now. Do the math, yes we were 17... and pregnant! 

We know all about having more month than money. Love may make the world go 'round but it definitely doesn't pay the bills. Our dates, when we had the chance, revolved around what we could get for free or very cheap, like employee discounts at the restaurant Mike worked at before he joined the Army. 

After 7 moves in 5 years, we have settled in Austin, Texas. Mike is now a police officer while I get to hang out at home with my hilariously crazy boys. The lack of income that I could be bringing in does make things a little tight but I do everything I can to save money whenever possible, including our dates. I am great at finding the deals. 

So that's me but what am I doing here? Oh yeah, Shanna asked me to co author this neat little (and hopefully later big) blog with her! 

$10 dates is our goal but not necessarily our cap. We want you to enjoy inexpensive dates so you can worry less about your bank account and more about spending time with your sweetie. 

Be aware of variants in what we say and what you may encounter. Prices of things may also differ area to area so it's best to check ahead and plan accordingly. A little research may even save you money! 

For Mike and myself, before we even head out the door we are down $15 an hour because of a babysitter for three kids. And we also have to consider that some areas of the city have parking garages or meters to deal with. We prepare ahead of time to know exactly how much parking may cost so we have the cash on hand and aren't stuck having to walk 3 miles from the closest free parking area. 

But the main idea is to get out, have a good time and maybe keep what little spending money you have in your pocket. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment