When life gets tough or throws you some curve balls or gives you lemons, make lemonade! Don't get bummed out to the point where you push your partner away. Let them be there for you by looking at the bright side or silver lining of any bad situation.
Keep it simple! Here are some suggestions for things you can do for your partner or that you can do for each other:
- Draw a nice bath. If you've got it, toss in some bubble bath and bath salts. Light a few candles and just relax for a while.
(Just as a note, candles don't have to be pricey -- you can get a pack of 100 tea light candles from Target or Ikea for less than $5.)
- Give a massage. Physical contact can do wonders for stress.
- Buy or make a comfort food. It could be his/her favorite dessert, like homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Write or say 10 Things You Love about the other person. Alternate sharing and soon you'll find your spirits lifted!
- Go for a walk together. This is especially relaxing in the evenings if you have a park or beach around.