1. Where/how did you meet: We were both freshmen in highschool. Since we had mutual friends we saw each other but never talked. One day he got the balls to introduce himself and got hit in those said balls with a hackey sack on the way over to me. I helped him off the ground.
2. How long have you known each other: 9 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating: About a week later.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: Couple years.
5. How long was your engagement: Officially 3ish months but we had been talking about it for about a year before.
6. How long have you been married: 6 years. :)
7. What is your anniversary: November 8th 2003
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: Um, around 15 including family.
9. What kind of cake did you serve: I made a heart shaped cake vanilla cake FROM SCRATCH! I put a bit of strawberry flavor in the icing. Awesome sauce.
10. Where was your wedding: A double wide trailer out in the boonies. There was even chickens and a mean turkey roaming around outside. Seriously.
11. What did you serve for your meal:We didn't serve food beyond the cake and some snacks. But a handful of us went to the local Chinese restaurant and I think scared the bejeebies out of the staff. We seriously looked Mafia. Ha!
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 1. Mike's friend Ashley was my MOH. Mike had two of his friends as groomsmen.
13. Are you still friends with them all: Yeah, although we've lost touch with one of the groomsmen because he joined the Army.
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: We both got a bit teary eyed. I'm surprised I didn't full out bawl.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: Seeing him at the end of the "aisle" and knowing that we had forever, starting now.
16. Any funny moments: I was having a CRAP morning. I needed to finish the cake but the icing was melting a bit because it was taking so long to get right so it kept going back into the fridge and I was frustrated. Mike used all the hot water so I took a cold shower. I burnt my breakfast, the only toaster strudel left. Mike almost wrecked my car. Gah! Funny now though. Ha!
17. Any big disasters: Nope.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Didn't. Some day though it will happen.
19. How long were you gone: N/A
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I think it was perfect in all it's redneckery. (Yes that is a word because I said so).
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: Left.
22. What size is your bed: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple: We always come back together, no matter what.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: PMS. (HA!)
25. Who literally pays the bills: Me
26. What is your song: We could never decide.
27. What did you dance your first dance to: We didn't dance at our wedding. We do dance a lot though, waltzing in the kitchen.
28. Describe your wedding dress: A white prom dress with light blue velvet flowers. Tight across the chest and stomach then it flowed out. The dress I wore to prom later was the same style just different color. Ha!
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding:We had these HUGE red roses on the cake and in vases but I carried a fake bouquet. I can't even remember the reason why now.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope, when we get replacements we talked about having them engraved. Maybe in a few years.
I'll be blogging about our $10 date in the next couple of days so keep an eye out!